The International Coach Federation (ICF) is the largest worldwide resource for business and personal coaches, and the source for those who are seeking a coach. The ICF is a nonprofit, individual membership organization formed by professionals worldwide who practice business and personal coaching.
The ICF is dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards, providing independent certification, and building a worldwide network of credentialed coaches. It’s core purpose is to advance the art, science and practice of professional coaching.
The ICF exists to Build, Support and Preserve the integrity of the coaching profession through programs and standards supported by the individual membership.
The ICF maintains a high visibility for the profession through public relations, publicity campaigns, marketing strategies and the Coach Referral Service (CRS). The CRS is an independent, non-profit ICF service which makes it easy for people to find the right coach for their needs.
The ICF develops and implements programs that assist in the professional development of its membership. In addition to the professional development opportunities of an annual conference, the ICF provides professional growth opportunities through its local, regional and virtual chapters throughout the world. Continual support is available through the ICF Web site and publications.
The ICF developed and promotes an industrywide Code of Professional Standards. ICF also developed the first universally accepted Accreditation process which will preserve the integrity of coaching through standardized credentials that will assist consumers in choosing professional coaches.
The ICF has several goal areas:
- Value and Benefit of ICF Membership – All members will derive value from joining and participating in the ICF.
- Professional Standards – ICF standards will be the benchmark for professional coaches in theory and practice.
- Research and Body of Knowledge – ICF will be increasingly considered the source of the most credible and trusted industry information for members, the profession and the public.
- Image and Awareness of Coaches and Coaching – The public will view ICF credentialed coaches as the coach of choice in the market.
- Image and Awareness of ICF Brand – ICF will be recognized for advancing the art, science and practice of professional coaching.
Board of Directors
The ICF has a 16-member board of directors, staff, volunteers and members all over the world.
The ICF provides the only worldwide recognized coaching credential. The ICF Credential ensures the public that a coach has committed significant time and resources to achieving excellence. Learn more about credentialing.